- Detroit Venture Partners: venture capital organizations that backs early-stage technology companies
- Xconomy (Detroit): Information about business, life sciences, and technology in the Detroit-area.
- Michigan Business One Stop: Michigan.gov’s gateway for business.
- Michigan Get Your Business Online
- Entrepreneurship.org: Great resource for entrepreneurs.
- Inc.com: Offers helpful information on start-ups.
- Insyght: Free online program that connects entrepreneurs with resources to act on ideas.
- Business Owner’s Toolkit: A must-see. Offers advice, links and lots of information for small business owners.
Marketing & Demographics
Tax, Law & Accounting
- Michigan Small Business Training and Development Center
- Wayne State University Law School Small Business Enterprises and Nonprofit Corporations Clinic
- IRS Tax Forms and Publication: Government site that contains forms and directions for filling out tax forms. Contains all regulations and tax needs for small businesses.
- Nolo Press: Self-help law service that provides guides to figuring out your own tax/law needs. Contains legal encyclopedia and help with business structures.
- Small Business Tax and Management: Informative newsletter and tax advice aimed at small businesses.
- TaxSites: A search engine for tax information.
- Legal Zoom: Downloadable legal forms for purchase.
- Outright: Free online accounting system linked to your existing accounts.