Become a D:hive Ambassador
D:hive is looking for energetic, enthusiastic applicants for an exciting new position. The D:hive Welcome Center Ambassadors will be the face of D:hive and the first people to greet visitors to our busy Welcome Center. Ambassadors will have their finger on the pulse of what’s going on in Detroit and they’ll want to share their knowledge with others! They must have a love for the city of Detroit, a passion for customer service, and strong interpersonal skills. Detroit residents preferred, but Detroit enthusiasts required!
- Greet Welcome Center visitors
- Research and share knowledge of Detroit events, opportunities, and happenings
- Direct visitors and community members to D:hive’s various resources, programs, and staff
- Occasionally staff D:hive’s pop-ups and road shows outside of the Welcome Center
- Perform various light administrative tasks
- Contribute to basic Welcome Center maintenance
To apply, email your resume to email@example.com with “Ambassador” in the subject line.
Become a D:hive Resident
The D:hive Residency Program is a unique opportunity for talented and motivated current college students or recent grads to build experience, confidence and connections working at D:hive. Barriers to entry are low, but expectations are high. Our Residents work with a level of autonomy and creative elbow room we’re willing to bet won’t be matched behind a desk as an early career professional. D:hive pledges not to waste Residents’ time by keeping them in their comfort zone; we think talented people thrive working alongside other talented people in big, sometimes unfamiliar, but always fascinating situations.
Key attributes of a D:hive Resident:
- A strong self-starter, entrepreneurial
- Passionate about community, quality of life, and Detroit
- A little more interested in writing the new rules than following the existing ones
- Comfortable working on important projects without a roadmap, then creating the roadmap
- Willing to do what it takes to get the job done
- A team player with a low ego—we’re lovers, not fighters
- At ease with technology (and full-on tech wizards are especially welcome)
- An excellent communicator—in text and in person
Areas of project work may include:
- Graphic, Web & Project Design
- Real Estate and Job Resource Development
- Strategies for Talent Recruitment and Retention
- Creative Projects to Increase Engagement in Detroit
- Writing, Marketing or Social Media Management
After submitting a resume and two writing samples, then completing one or two interviews, applicants will be asked to complete one 3 hr and one 20 hour project (which they will be compensated for) to demonstrate their talents and to confirm that there is a fit on both ends. Once a Resident moves beyond these initial projects, he or she will be assigned work ranging from 10-40 hours per week for a three month rotation, depending on availability and D:hive’s needs. Residents are contracted and paid a competitive hourly wage.
Intrigued? Energized? Inspired? Apply then:
D:hive conducts Residency interviews on an as-needed, rolling basis as current Residents rotate out. If you are interested in entering our talent bank please send a resume and two writing samples to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Resident” in the subject line. We’re excited to hear from you! Current opportunities are described below, but we emphasize that our Resident rotation model frequently creates openings on relatively short notice, so we recommend getting your application over to us because you’re interested in D:hive, not because there’s a specific opportunity.
Currently, special consideration will be taken for applicants with experience in workforce development.